100 years of Bank of Chickamauga history began at a Citizen's Meeting on February 19, 1910 with a capital stock of $15,000.00. On May 10th of that same year they officially opened for business. Such was the beginning of one of the last Community Banks left in our area.
As it celebrates its 100th year of business, the Bank of Chickamauga is proud to have weathered well its 100 years.
The organizer and first president of Bank of Chickamauga was S.A. Hunt Jr. Meeting in the office of the late W.O. Bolton, Chickamauga citizens voted to form a bank and erect a building at the corner of Lee Ave. and Gordon St., site of the present building.
The original board of directors included S.A. Hunt Jr. as chairman, R.G. Wellborn, J. R. Camp, G. L. Bonds, D.A. Jewell, J.L. Moore, and Don Harris. R.M.W. Glenn was the first legal attorney, and E.V. Pless was the first cashier at a salary of $50.00 per month.
Bank of Chickamauga was able to weather the depression years. It closed, of course, along with all others for the bank holiday in 1933, but when it re-opened there was no run on it by depositors and it remained open through the depression years.
With 2 locations to serve you and a 24 hour ATM located at both sites, the Bank of Chickamauga continues to offer the same personal service that was started 100 years ago, an institution with a solid past, a progressive present, and a promising future.
Board of DirectorsCharles A. Berry
Douglas J. Hertha
Ronald G. Hill
Larry T. Kuglar
Michael S. Wright